There are a number of reasons why your machine may be shutting off at night, read the more common possibilities.
A number of things could be responsible - here are the most common:
- Check to see if your power supply unit is fully (and correctly) inserted into the device. When it is correctly inserted, the power button will light up.
- Your power supply unit (PSU) may need replacing. Check to see if there is a bright green light on the top of your power supply (S9 and AirSense10 only). If not, the power supply unit will need replacing. If the light is on but the PSU is older than two years, consider replacing as it may be causing inconsistent powering.
- If there's a message on the screen, follow the instructions to clear the message or contact your outlet
- Ensure your mask is on before turning the device on.
- Check whether the filter is blocked. If so, you may need to replace your filter.
- If you are experiencing a high amount of leak and the SmartStart™ setting is turned on, it's possible your machine is stopping due to this. Try turning off the SmartStart™ setting on your machine.
- Check that the therapy machine's lid is properly closed (as well as the humidifier lid for applicable machines, such as the H5i™ humidifier in the S9™ device) or that the humidifier tub is fully inserted.
- Check that the tubing is inserted correctly. If you are using a heated tube, ensure that the heating element is inserted into the correct area.
- Make sure you're not using the Start/Stop button to light the LCD during the night, as this will stop your therapy.
- Ensure that no blankets or other objects are covering the power supply unit.
- Try unplugging the machine, then plugging it back in again.
- Try using a different power point, power board, or extension cord.