There are many causes of ear and sinus discomfort, and many ways to treat it. Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure your mask is fitted correctly and is not leaking. The dry air caused by leak can create discomfort
- If you are also waking with a dry mouth then consider switching to a full face mask to prevent air releasing from your mouth and drying out your throat
- Increase your humidification level by small increments as this will add more moisture to the air you are breathing in
- Call us on 1800 737 633 to discuss your pressure. You may feel more comfortable on an auto-adjusting therapy machine (APAP)
- Consider using a nasal spray such as Nozoil to prevent dryness in the nose
If you have tried these and feel they have been unsuccessful, contact your GP to discuss these issues further.