You have to deal directly with the seller. ResMed Service Centres are located in each region where accredited outlets sell and support ResMed products, and these Service Centres are certified to repair products sold only in those regions.
ResMed’s Global Warranty and Repairs Policy requires equipment to be returned to the region of purchase for a manufacturer's warranty claim. Therefore, any products purchased overseas or over the internet, require the customer to return the device to the country of the seller for repair.
Other factors you should be aware of include:
- Some ResMed products feature regional customisations in their specifications to comply with local legislation or to conform to other local conditions.
- Patients are encouraged to purchase from their own region with a guaranteed high level of service included, in order to prevent the sale of products without proper patient consultation or explanation prior to purchase.
- Medical devices in Australia are regulated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and must be included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) before being made available for supply in Australia.
- Devices purchased through a ResMed Accredited partner are listed in the ARTG and have evidence demonstrating that their record of safety, performance and quality is acceptable to the TGA.
- Devices purchased overseas or via the internet for use in Australia may be in contravention of the Therapeutic Goods Act and Therapeutic Goods Regulations, and may also be subject to Australian Customs restrictions.