If your partner snores, then it may be an indication that they have sleep apnea.
Snoring is caused by the partial obstruction of the upper airway. When this happens the tissues of our airway vibrate, causing the sound we known as snoring.
Other symptoms of sleep apnea include:
- Waking up with a dry mouth/throat
- Lack of concentration
- Stopping breathing during the night
- Waking up gasping for air
- Daytime sleepiness
- Waking up with a headache
- Nocturia (needing to use the bathroom multiple times during the night)
- Memory Loss
If your partner can relate to some of these symptoms, then it may be a good idea to have a sleep study done.
Your doctor may refer your partner to have a sleep test done, or you can order one online and they can do it in the comfort of their own home
Otherwise, you can get your partner to take our free sleep assessment to see if they are at risk.
It's quick and extremely easy!