There are a few tips to consider to help.
If you often wake up with redness or marks on your skin, you may need to adjust or replace your mask. Firstly, try adjusting your mask to a looser fitting so that you still achieve a good seal but with less pressure on your face. Try this for at least 2-3 nights.
If that doesn't work, here are some tips you can try:
- Consider the age of your cushion and headgear. A stretched headgear or a worn cushion may be contributing to the redness.
- Make sure your mask is clean as a build-up may be causing irritation
- Check you have the right mask size.
- Some masks are available with soft wraps for the frame and act as an extra defense against facial marks.
- Add a layer of padding between the cushion and your skin, with the Gecko nasal pads.
- If you use both a nasal mask and a nasal pillows mask, alternate between wearing the nasal mask (which covers your nose) and the nasal pillows mask (which sits at the entrance of your nostrils). This can ease the pressure off different parts of your face
- If you are using a full face mask, consider switching to the F20 AirTouch. The foam cushion on this mask is often more gentle on the skin.